Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big Park 07-13-08

After Mass we had lunch at Pizza Hut which was, pretty decent (it was Pizza Hut) until a group of maybe 20 or 30 Italian teenagers came in with their supervisor who demanded that the manager give them a special deal according to her rules. She was loud, they were loud, it was annoying. I wanted the manager to tell them he didn't care what she wanted, he wanted them to be quiet or to get out, but he didn't, so we left soon after they arrived. I think the time when a parent acts out of sacrificial love the most must surely be when they are teenagers - they were wearing the silliest clothes, and I don't know how I will ever make it through my own children's teenage years if they do the same...

Anyways, once we were done we went over to Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, but those photos will come later. After those places, I was ready to avoid some crowds and be a bit lazy, so we went to some big park to relax. That's where these pictures are from. =)

This is me being a brat for the camera, and me making up for it so my mom will have a nice picture of me. =)

This is a big field in the middle of London. Very exciting. Also apparently sneeze conducive to Cheryl. I had one of my legendary sneezing attacks which put me out for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if dinner was as bland as it tasted or if I just couldn't taste it...

The lake reminded us very much of Georges Seurat's Sunday Afternoon on the Island of la Grande Jatte*, so we took pictures. Otherwise I suppose it wasn't very exciting.

This is the statue of some queen. Maybe Andy remembers who. It was somewhere close to this pretty little gated garden that reminded us of the Secret Garden (with the exception of the secret part). ;)

*I hope Andy is pleased that I finally looked up some facts instead of him having to do my fact checking. =D

No comments: