Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shaving Cream

Andy and I are almost out of shaving cream, so I decided to buy some more. Since we're not here for long, we're just sharing a men's gel. I always buy the Gillette gel back home, and since that's what they have here, that's what I went for. Imagine my surprise when instead of a gel that I would have to lather myself, out comes pre-lathered shaving cream! I've never seen Gillette cream that wasn't gel in one of these bottles in the US, so I just picked the one that was cheapest and walked to the cash register. If only I'd been more careful, I might have noticed that not only does it say "mousse" on the front of the can, the little dollop of gel isn't a dollop of gel but is a dollop of lathered shaving cream!

To top it all off, I'm really not certain if I'm supposed to shake it, since it sort of sputtered out of the can and that's what you do with the pre-lathered canisters in the States. On the other hand, it came out pretty much the way I would have expected it to had it been shaken. Needless to say, I'm a bit on the disappointed side, but I guess I'll make it through this can... How many more days until we go home??? ;)

No comments: